Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October Begins...

The weekend after we got back from the Europe Together Conference in Italy, I (Kita) unpacked my bag, washed some clothes, packed it up again, and left for the Conferencia de Mujeres (the Women's Conference). I will be honest, it was hard work, but I was able to minister in ways that I typically don't minister, so you could say I was a bit out of my comfort zone. I was the one behind the technical parts of each meeting, from running the slideshows, playing the movie night video, the set up of video loops, and setting up the projector... I am so thankful I have a husband that is willing to teach me how to minister in these ways.
Each night was an incredible success, thanks to our church administrator who has the gift of organizing events. We had special guest speaker Sherri Beebe (if you haven't heard of who she and her husband Darrell Beebe are then please visit their website www.2b4giving.com and I encourage you to read their book Darkness At Dawn) and she had a beautiful word about forgiveness and dressing to be ready for Christ. It was very refreshing and an amazing time getting to sit and talk with her and her husband and also being able to have a great time at the hotel we stayed at.
God is good and He is faithful! Just a really quick update, we are in a transitional season for our church. We are looking at a building in the middle of the city and praying for an open door. Greg and I are still working on our Spanish and we are being utilized here. There are many outreaches and the church is getting prepared for them.
Please like our Facebook Page: GregnKita Lewen Missionaries
We update more frequently on our page, so please like us if you have not already.
We also have our Youtube channel: Journey With The Lewens where you can find our "Journey With Us" Vlogs.
Thank you for your continuous support both financially and prayerfully. The blessing that you all have been is beyond words and you are enabling us to advance the Gospel here in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. Please continue to pray for us and the work here on our island.




No comments:

Post a Comment