Friday, July 5, 2013

Kid's Camp and the like....

Last week we participated in Kid's Camp. It was exhausting! Kid's were everywhere. The facility we stayed at was very nice EXCEPT that the dorm rooms were at the top of six flights of stairs :/ The chapel was on a separate floor and the kitchen was on another floor.... so needless to say, the stairs gave us a workout. There were about 20 or so children from different churches and all different backgrounds. Some spoke broken English and others spoke only Spanish so it was a learning experience for Greg and I. The chapel services were fun and exciting. There were dramas and the praise and worship was very lively. The kid's learned about Paul's journeys memorizing verses of scripture to earn superbilletes to "buy" rewards on the last day of camp.
Was it hard work? YES! Was it worth it? ABSOLUTELY! The times of prayer were so very sweet.... It's amazing to think of how many of these kid's don't go home to a Christian environment.
One of the nights I was in my room just relaxing on my bed reading my Bible (in English) to myself. One of the (Spanish) girls come over and laid down on the bed beside me and began reading out loud, in English. After she would read a passage, I read it back in English and then found the passage in Spanish and I tried reading it in Spanish. She helped me out and I helped her out. She was trying to learn English as I was trying to learn Spanish. It was quite beautiful.
Greg told me of a rather "cheeky" boy (a British friend introduced me to this rather fun word which means a troublemaker) that just wanted attention. He wanted a bigger brother to wrestle around with. He was the kind of kid that it is very easy to get attached to. We are extremely grateful for the experience.
The church has also started a day of prayer. CLIC opens up the office from 7 in the morning until 8 in the evening. Then we get together for "the final hour" and pray together as a church. One of the missions of the church is to build up a house of prayer. The goal is to establish prayer as a priority in the life of the church and in the life of the believer.
It has been productive and an efficient month or so. God is so faithful. We continue to thank you for your prayers and financial support. Greg and I pray that the support being sown will continue to reap a harvest here in Las Palmas and in your lives as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment